All o' da goodness in this one.
I love breakfast. I say this a lot, I know.
A good breakfast means a good day. Well, at the very least it means I'm setting myself up for a good day.
Chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods around, full of antioxidants, high in fibre, rich in protein and omega-3 and aid digestion. Read more here if you want.
And matcha green tea powder (I buy it online through amazon) is also high in antioxidants, great for you metabolism and energy levels. You can read more scientific stuff here.
Warning: this needs to be made the night before and left in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1.5 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder*
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 120ml Milk*
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Berries and seeds to serve
*Depending on what milk you use you might want to adjust the amount of matcha or maple syrup. Unsweetened plant-based milk or skimmed milk has a weaker taste that sweetened or semi-skimmed so the matcha taste will be stronger. If you don't like that, or are new to matcha, I would recommend using less matcha or more syrup.
- Stir the matcha, cinnamon and chia together in a glass and whisk in the milk till there are no lumps.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Stir rigorously. Repeat this once more and then leave in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning, stir in the maple syrup and enjoy with berries and seeds, and a blob of yogurt if you fancy it.