Tesco's onion humous is one of my favourite, so I thought I would make my own rather than have something ready-made where I can't quite be sure what is in it.
- 1 Large White Onion
- 240g Chickpeas (1 Can, drained)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- On a medium-high heat, fry the onion cubes in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and crushed garlic cloves and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes till the onions are light brown and glassy.
- Allow the onions to cool. Combine the chickpeas, onions, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and blend using a stick blender.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.