Even The worlds worst baker can make these in no time at all!
- 125g Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 180g Plain Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 190*C.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste.
- Empty the dough in a round greased baking tray and press the dough into the tin evenly.
- Prick the dough with a fork. Use the flat side around the edge to create grooves and the tip in the middle for the characteristic shortbread pattern.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is pale golden-brown.
- Carefully cut into slices while still hot and leave to cool and set.
- Sprinkle another layer of sugar if you are a sugar fiend!
- Now enjoy this soft crumbly delicious-ness!!