Don't be afraid of courgetti (courgette spaghetti) if you've never attempted them before.
They're super easy to make a taste really good!
Mine were inspired by a vegan restaurant I went to in Berlin almost a year ago and I have always been meaning to recreate them.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and raw-foodies. (You can even add some fried pancetta cubes if you find someone frowning at the lack of meat.)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4-5 courgettes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin if possible)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 5 large ripe tasty tomatoes – eg ‘beefsteak’ variety
- ½ medium red chilli (optional depending on your spice tolerance)
- 15 fresh basil leaves (a good handful)
- 1 red onion
- Zest and juice of a lime
- Salt and black pepper (don't be stingy here)
- Hollow out the avocados and roughly chop 4 tomatoes, the chilli, garlic, onion.
- Put all of these and the lime juice and zest, basil leaves and pepper & salt in a blender and whizz. (If you find it's too thick, add some vegetable broth till it has a good consistency)
I had Louisa's amazing NutriBullet to help me with this. So much fun!
- To make the courgetti, use a spiralizer if you have one (easily found on amazon) or just use a grater like I did. Use the largest holes for this (the ones you would use for grating cheddar)
- Chop the last tomato into cubes
- Now mix the cougetti and the avocado sauce together in a bowl.
- To serve, plate up the courgetti and add the tomato cubes on the top of each plate
- Done! (That wasn't so hard, was it? And you didn't spend ages slaving over a stove in the kitchen!)
You could also wrap it up and have it to go!
Louisa's idea - folding it to a wholemeal wrap